Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Hi all,

I have been making progress lately on a new algorithm which will allow me to create synthetic brushtrokes with variable curvature. It is a bit early yet for me to show an example, but I think it will look quite convincing.
The idea is to create a new effect like Painting 7 (brushstrokes), but with different stroke placement and thicker paint. Not quite impasto, but hopefully pleasant enough...

In the meantime, I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy holidays! Here is a watercolor from a photo I took a few months back in my hometown of Lyon(s), in the Croix-Rousse area:


Best regards,

David

2 comments:

Peter (BC, Canada) said...

Bonjour David,

Je salive déjà à l'idée du nouvel outil "pas de l'impasto, mais on s'en rapproche !"

J'en profite également pour te souhaiter de la joie, de la santé et surtout de l'amour (c'est ce qui compte vraiment !) pour 2015 et plus !

En prime, j'ajoute une photo de colibri qui passe l'hiver au Canada... chose très rare ici !

http://imgbox.com/G14grNz5

Peter

David said...

Merci Peter :-)
Et meilleurs vœux également !
A bientôt pour un presque impasto...