Wednesday, September 10, 2014

FotoSketcher 2.96 is officially released.

Hi all!

FotoSketcher 2.96 is now officially available for download. As usual, FotoSketcher is 100% free for personal or commercial use.

Head to http://www.fotosketcher.com/download-fotosketcher/ to get either the full version (with setup and uninstall) or the portable version.

This release corrects a few visual glitches (mainly on menus) and improves the user interface.
A new feature has also been introduced; the ability to double the maximum size of brushstrokes in Painting 7 (thanks to FS user Marco for his suggestion) as shown below:


Here is an example made in FotoSketcher 2.96 (Painting 7 with larger brushstrokes + Painting 9):
Enjoy ;)

Best regards,

David

6 comments:

Peter (BC, Canada) said...

Cool! Everything works quite fine on my side. The only "litte" thing I notice is when I open FS in full screen mode, I can't see the "X" button on the top right side. It seems to be hidden beyond the right screen border. It could be because I use 125% screen res on my Windows setup.

But beside that... no complain! I'll just have to wait for new effects... err... did I mention "impasto" here? :-)

David said...

Merci, Peter.

Sorry about the little 'X' button disappearing. One of those Windows things I guess :)

I can now start working on new effects (Impasto or other, LOL) for version 3.00 of FotoSketcher!

If it's not difficult to implement, I also intend to add a zoom function to the preview window.

Cheers,

David

Anonymous said...

Hi - FotoSketcher is fantastic, I am very happy with it.

Can you point us to information online which describes the algorithms you use to create the oil and watercolour effects?

David said...

Hi Anonymous,

I'm glad that you like FotoSketcher! The algorithms are a bit my 'secret recipes' but you should research image segmentation and simplification to achieve similar results.

Best regards,

David

makeyourownmandelbrot said...

Oil painted fractals? Yes - with FotoSketcher!

http://makeyourownmandelbrot.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/oil-painting-fractals.html

David said...

Thank you for the nice article. I love fractals too!
I even published a very simple C program back in 1993 to create the Mandelbrot set. Here is the link: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/bit.listserv.frac-l/eaaa6IndjsY
Nothing ever disappears from the Internet :-)